Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

This thing called love...

I think we have been sold a bag of goods...lies. Everywhere we turn we
are told love is this warm, fuzzy wonderful feeling. It makes you
smile and sing all day. We are made to believe love is something you
can fall into and just as easily fall out of. Love makes you gaze into
one smothers eye and finish each others sentences with a giggle.

Or how about the loving mom whobafter working a 10 hour day comes home
and effortlessly serves her husband and children with ease and grace.

In my short time here on this earth I find this sooooo far from reality.

There are a few things I have learned to be true about this thing
called love...

1. Love is a choice

As a mom in this hurried life, it is difficult to love in many of the
situations I fond myself in daily.
When I am tired and suffering in some way, when I am feeling heavy and
blah, it is difficult for me to extend love to those around me. This
is exactly when I have realized I blneed to make the choice to follow
thru on my commitment to love.

The kind of love Christ modeled for us was delineate...a concious
choice. Not so much a "feeling" but a concious mental decision. The
moat important part is the God we serve doesn't ask is to do thisbon
our own, he comes along side us and waits for to call on him for help.
With Christs love operating within us & coming alongside to assist us
we can conciously give love when we font "feel" like it, to serve when
we want to be served.

I am reminded of the last supper when Jesus is asked if He know who
will betray him. In spite of Jesus knowing that Judas would betray
him, he still choose to serve Judus that night and wash his feet.

We must call on the God within us to help us love in all the ways He
has called us to.

Christ gave, served and died on the cross - ACTS of love - not fueled
by emotions and good feelings- but the concious choice to fulfil the
will of God.

To be continued...

Be blessed

Chanelle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment