Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

Natural flower food (fresh cut flowers)





I absolutely love fresh cut flowers. Any variety I will take them, although my favorite is a rose. My husband surprised me with flowers for our date night and they are blooming beautifully.

I typically change the water daily or every other day. I usually use the flower food that comes with the flowers first and then whatever I have in the cupboards.

The main thing you want to keep in mind is:

Sugar provides energy
Citric acid acts as an acidifier
Bleach prevents bacteria
growth.

Below are some of my combinations:

1/4 cup clear carbonated
beverage added to vase, then fill vase with water.
1 cup of hydrogen peroxide every time the water is changed
One part lemon lime soda to 3 parts of water
2 tablespoons lemon juice, one tablespoon sugar, one quarter teaspoon bleach in one vase of water.
2 tablespoons of white vinegar, two tablespoons of sugar to one vase of water.
1 part warm water, 1 part Sprite or 7UP plus 1 1/2 teaspoons of bleach.






Be Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment